Hey Ya’ll. If you’re reading this, we’ve made it to February.
I said last month that my word for this year is try and for the most part I feel like I’ve upheld that, but I think the burnout is on the horizon. So, my goal for February is self-care.
Now when I say self-care I don’t mean paper face masks and nail polish (although we can throw that in there too). What I mean is that I want to get rid of some of my toxic, obsessive habits that make me feel as if I’m doing everything wrong. You know what I mean?
- Like weighing myself three times a day and only being happy if the numbers reflect what I want them to.
- Like being mad at myself for not writing on a day when I don’t feel like it.
- Like forcing myself to take a shift at work when I don’t want to but I feel like I have to.
- Like talking down on myself and my accomplishments.
- Like comparing my life to anyone else’s.
- Like being anything but kind to myself in the middle of a got damn pandemic.
With this, dear reader, whoever you are, wherever you are in the world, I hope you will join me this month in being kind to yourself. Letting the doubts wash over you and if that’s too hard (as I know very well it can be sometimes), recognizing that feeling and coming to terms with why that might be. This month I want to challenge myself to reflect inward and to love myself outwardly in ways I may have been afraid to otherwise.
Here’s what I read in January:
Until next month…..
Leave a Reply